From LimeSurvey Manual
Revision as of 16:48, 6 June 2018 by Surveyunihi (Created page with "Überblick")
The Overview panel offers access to the main survey-related settings and functionalities. The panel is divided into two parts:
This toolbar contains the following options:
- Survey status: There are four types of buttons that you might see on the left part of the toolbar, depending on the status of your survey:
- : It is displayed if the survey is inactive. Click on this button for activating the survey. To see the URL of the survey, check the Survey URL box located in the Survey summary section;
- : It shows up if the survey is active. Click on this button if you wish to stop the survey (it cannot be accessed anymore by the respondents);
- : If the survey is active, you can click on the Execute survey button to check and fill out the survey. The difference between this option and Preview survey is that the latter does not store your answers while the former does;
- : It is displayed if the survey has expired. To reactivate it, click on the button to access the publication and access control settings to change the start or expiry date/time of the survey.
- Preview survey: It allows you preview the survey. The green arrow appears when your survey is multilingual. Click on each language to separately check the multilingual versions of your survey.
- Tools: The following functionalities can be accessed from the tools menu:
- Delete survey: Use this button if you want to delete the survey;
- Quick-translation: Offers quick access to the translation menu. Please not that it is accessible only if your survey is multilingual - additional languages have been added besides the base language;
- Reset conditions: All the survey conditions will be removed;
- Survey logic file: It checks the logic of your survey. It is utilized when more advanced features are used within the survey. For more details, read our wiki section on survey logic;
- Regenerate question codes: The users that have the permission to edit questions can allocate an unique ID to any survey question. However, if these IDs differ too much (the numbering is too messy), the Regenerate question codes function can be used to automatically rename the survey questions. The numbering can be:
- Straight: If this options is used, each question will be allocated a code that corresponds to their order from the survey structure (e.g. Q00001, Q0002, etc.);
- By question group: If this option is chosen, each question will be allocated a code that corresponds to the group each of them belong to and their order within that question group: (G1Q00001, G1Q00002, G2Q00001, etc.).
- Display/Export: For a comprehensive description of this functionality, check our wiki page on LimeSurvey export functionality;
- Survey participants: It is used when you would like to invite a group of people to be part of your survey and ensure that each person can only participate once. For further details, check the survey participants wiki page;
- Responses: It offers the survey administrator access to menus that allows him/her to see the stored responses, enter new data, export or import answers, and view the partially saved but not submitted answers. By clicking on the arrow, three options will show up:
- Responses & Statistics: It displays a summary of all the stored survey responses and respondents;
- Data entry screen: It allows the survey administrator to enter new data into his/her response tables. It is a useful function when you first record the answers from the survey participants offline and then you want to analyse their answers via the functionalities provided by LimeSurvey;
- Partial (saved) responses: It displays the partially (but not submitted) saved responses.
The bottom part of the Overview section offers some general information about your survey:
- Survey URLs: It displays the URLs used within your survey:
- English (Base language): The first survey URL is in your base language (English in our case). Therefore, if you share this link, the respondents will fill out the English version of the survey;
- Romanian: All the additional survey languages are listed below the base language. In our example, Romanian is the only selected additional language. Access the following wiki section for more information on additional languages.
- End URL: You have the possibility to redirect respondents to another page once they are done filling out the questionnaire. For more details, check the Survey text elements wiki.
- Survey general settings: The following settings can be revised from here:
- Administrator: It shows the user that is the administrator of the survey;
- Fax to: It is used when you want to give a fax number on the "printable survey". For more details, check our wiki page on general settings;
- Theme: It allows you to quickly edit the survey theme. Two shortcuts are located on the same row:
- Survey settings: A short description on which options (the most important ones) are enabled within the survey.
- Number of questions/groups: It displays the total number of questions and question groups within the survey. If you would like to add/edit/delete them, read first about the survey structure of a LimeSurvey questionnaire;
- Text elements: These options can be edited from the survey text elements panel:
- Description: A general survey description;
- Welcome: It displays the welcome message that is shown to the survey participants when they access the survey;
- End message: It displays the end message that is shown to the survey participants when they finish filling out the survey.
- Publication and access settings: The below options can be edited from the publication and access control settings panel:
- Start date/time: It shows the start date and time of your survey. Even if the survey participants have access to the URL, they will not be able to start completing it till the start date.
- Expiration date/time: It shows the expiration date and time of your survey. After the expiration date/time, no more responses are recorded.
- Listed publicly: If turned on, your survey will be listed in the "available surveys" portal from where it can be access by anyone;