From LimeSurvey Manual
The Overview panel offers access to the main survey-related settings. The panel can be divided in three parts:
- Overview toolbar
- Survey quick actions
- Survey summary
This toolbar contains the following options:
- Survey status: There are four types of buttons that you might see on the left part of the toolbar, depending on the status of your survey:
- Preview survey: lets you preview (for each language) the survey. The green arrow appears when more languages are utilized in your survey. You can click on it to separately check the multilingual survey.
- Delete survey: Use this button if you want to delete the survey;
- Quick-translation: Offers quick access to the translation menu;
- Reset conditions: All the survey conditions will be removed;
- Survey logic file: It checks the logic of your survey. it is important especially in those cases in which more advanced features are used within your survey. For more details, read our wiki on survey logic;
- Regenerate question codes: At the beginning of each question, the user with the right to create a question can allocate an ID for each of them. However, if these IDs differ too much, the Regenerate question codes function can be used to easily rename the IDs of each from each group. It can be done in two ways:
- Straight: If this options is used, the questions will be allocated a code that corresponds to their order in the Question structure of the survey (e.g. Q00001, Q0002, etc.)
- By question group: If this option is chosen, the questions will be allocated a code that corresponds to the group they belong to and the order within that group: (G1Q00001, G1Q00002, G2Q00001, etc.)
- Display/Export: For a comprehensive description of this functionality, read our wiki on LimeSurvey export functionality;
- Survey participants: It is used when you would like to invite a group of people to be part of your survey and ensure that each person can only participate once. For further details, check the survey participants wiki;
- Responses: It offers the survey administrator access to menus that allow him to see the collected received answers, enter new data, export or import answers, and view the partially saved but not submitted answer. By clicking on the arrow, three tabs will show up:
- Responses & Statistics: It displays a summary of all the responses and survey participants;
- Data entry screen: It allows the survey administrator to enter new data into his or her response tables. It is a useful function when you first record the answers from the survey participants offline and then you want to analyse their answers via the functionalities provided by LimeSurvey;
- Partial (saved) responses: It displays the partially (but not submitted) saved responses.
Survey quick actions
Five options are available:
- Format: Three options are available:
- Question by Question : Public survey will display one question per page;
- Group by Group : The survey will display all questions in a group per page. if this option is chosen, a separate "welcome" page and "submit" page will still be displayed when taking the survey, as in the "Question by Question" surveys;
- All in one : The survey will display all questions in one single page. If you activate this option, no separate pages exist for the "welcome" or "submit" pages - they will all appear on the same page.
- Add group: It offers quick access to the Add question group panel;
- Add question: It offers quick access to the Add question panel;
- Response & Statistics: It allows you to "filter" your data and retrieve numbers and summaries, using all or only the desired fields. For further details, please continue reading our wiki on the Statistics panel;
- Edit text elements and general settings: Lets you edit some general settings of your survey. For further details, please continue reading our wiki on LimeSurvey general settings;
- Template selection: It allows you to select the survey template.
The bottom part of the Overview section offers some general information about your survey:
- Survey URLs: It displays the URLs used by the survey participants to fill in the survey. A new URL appears for language that is used in your survey. In our case we have:
- English (Base language);
- Romanian: - All the additional languages will be listed below the base language;
- End URL: You have the possibility to redirect the user to another page when they finish filling in the questionnaire. For more details, check our wiki on Survey texts;
- Administrator: It shows the user that is the administrator of the survey
- Fax to: It is used when you want to give a fax number on the "printable survey". For more details, check our wiki on General settings;
- Number of questions/groups: It displays the total number of questions and question groups that exist within the respective survey. If you would like to add/edit/delete them, read our wiki on the survey structure of a LimeSurvey questionnaire;
- Survey Settings: A short description of the main settings employed by the respective survey;
- Survey texts: The options presented below can be edited from the survey texts option:
- Description:: A general survey description;
- Welcome: It displays the welcome message that is shown to the survey participants when they access the survey;
- End message: It displays the end message that is shown to the survey participants when they access the survey.
- Start date/time: It shows the start date and time of your survey. Even if the survey participants have access to the URL, they will not be able to start completing it till the start date.
- Expiration date/time: It shows the expiration date and time of your survey. After the expiration date/time, no more responses are recorded.
- Template: It allows you to quickly edit the survey template. You can:
For further details on the two options, check our wiki on he usage of LimeSurvey's template editor.