Backend UI improvements for 2.5
From LimeSurvey Manual
Put stuff here that you want to discuss about the admin part of LS 2.5
Ask people what they think about the interface, pros and cons.
Denis on Mantis: https://bugs.limesurvey.org/view.php?id=10077
- Next/previous button in edit question
- Option to always keep the side-menu open (it's irritating to manually open and close it all the time)
- Adaptive design: You open it manually one time and it stays open.
- Put two small icons visible at hover on the side-menu:
- Activate/stop survey
- Test/run survey
- Start to think in terms of Ajax: Which pages can be loaded async? Side-menu is always the same. Load side-body and menu-bar async? E.g., when clicking on question in side-menu, we can blur side-body (main content), show a loading gif and fetch all HTML async.
- Add a list of most recently visited surveys (visited in backend), like in word processors. Add this list to survey drop-down in top menu ("Create, import, list surveys"). The purpose is to make it easier to switch between 2-3 surveys you are currently working on.
- Keep more advanced bar menu even in edit mode (plus save, save-and-close, close):
- Customizable quick-menu (quick menu?) where you can choose which buttons to show, visible at all time (or on different pages?).
- Drag-n-drop buttons from a list to add and change order
- Interactive tutorial (not unlike those found in games) to a users first survey creation. http://bootstraptour.com/
- Extend the dashboard with what? Customizable information?
- Provide the possibility of making a question mandatory (not only show it or not) under certain conditions
New design proposal
https://email@example.com/VMOrJNLtR0/view (several pages available, see pages button in left hand column)