From LimeSurvey Manual
(Redirected from Iterate Survey)
In certain scenarios you may want to have a recurring survey - using the same survey structure for the same set of participants to compare the previous responses of one participant to those submitted later by the same one. This method is useful in analysing trends.
For instance, let's think of a satisfaction survey intended to customers that recently bought a car: you could run the survey one month after the purchase and then 1 year after and then, compare the answer changes.
For such recurring surveys, you may find it convenient for the participant to see the survey pre-filled with his previous answers when he participates for the second time to the survey.
By pursuing the steps described below to make use of the "Iterate survey" functionality of LimeSurvey:
- the survey uses a survey participants table (closed-access survey)
- survey is not using anonymous answers
- survey is using token-based response persistence
How to run it
Activate the survey and collect the answers from your survey participants.
To run the same survey for the second time:
- Do not deactivate the survey after the first set of responses were recorded
- Click on the Responses menu and then on Responses & statistics:
- Click on the Display responses option (located on the main toolbar) to access the response table
- Select all the submitted responds and export them so that you'll be able to compare them to the new ones later:
- Once you saved your responses, click on the Iterate survey button located on the top toolbar:
- This will:
- Reset all tokens status to "not used",
- Reset all responses status to "not submitted".