Question groups - introduction
From LimeSurvey Manual
Revision as of 18:08, 14 December 2017 by Cdorin
Create question group
There are two ways through which you can start adding question groups to your survey:
- Access the Overview tab from the survey settings menu. Locate the add new group button in the Survey summary section and create your question group:
- Access your survey structure and locate in the left menu the add question group button.
Once created, the add question group panel will be showed up:
The following fields will be displayed:
- Title: Type in this box the name you wish to give to the question group;
- Description: Groups can also include a "description". This field allows you to publish an explanatory note for any set of questions. If you add a description, it will be presented at the survey before commencing any of the questions in that group. If you do not include any text here, then public participants will simply move on to the first question in the group with no stop. You can use the HTML editor to include images, formatted text, etc. to your liking.
- Ranzomization group: Starting in version 2.0 you are now able to randomize the order of question groups. To do that just enter a string into the field 'Randomization group', for example 'randgroup1'. You will need to enter that same string in all question groups who you want to randomize and which will then appear in a random order when taking the survey. Only places inside the same group will be randomly switched.
- Relevance question: you can set a Relevance Equation for the group using Expression Manager syntax. This is helpful for "looping" or other cases where you are repeating similar content multiple times. For example, say you want to ask the same set of follow-up questions for each child in a household, and you asked how many children there are via a question named numKids. Then, for each group of follow-up questions, you would use relevance equations the following (which would collect data about the third child): numKids == 3
You can create as many groups as you like.
Import a question group
You can also import a question group (.lsg file format) that was previously exported from a LimeSurvey survey. First, access the add question group option and then locate on the top toolbar the import question group function:
Browse your computer and upload the .lsg file that contains the respective question group