QS:Time limit action
From LimeSurvey Manual
Revision as of 10:43, 29 August 2013 by Han (Created page with "QS:Time limit action")
Time limit action (time_limit_action)
Sets the action performed when a time_limit has expired. By default the action for a time limit is "Warn and move on", which means the system will give a short warning that the time limit has expired before saving the question and effectively automatically clicking "Next >>". The alternative choices are to:
- "Move on without warning", which automatically clicks the "Next >>" button after the timer is finished but without any warning message.
- "Disable only", which disables changes in the question so the participant can't change anything but doesn't automatically click the "Next >>" button.
This setting is only applicable if the general Time limit setting is activated.
- Warn and move on (default) = will warn the participant that the time has expired, and then click the next button
- Move on without warning = will immediately click the next button after the time limit has expired
- Disable only = will disable the answer after the time limit has expired but not automatically click next
Note regarding group-by-group mode: When in group-by-group mode, the "move on" actions of the timer are replaced with a "disable" action. This is so the timer does not affect other questions on the page.