Time limit action
From LimeSurvey Manual
Revision as of 12:48, 20 November 2018 by Cdorin
Time limit action (time_limit_action)
Sets the action performed when a time_limit has expired. By default the action for a time limit is "Warn and move on", which means the system will give a short warning that the time limit has expired before saving the question and effectively automatically clicking "Next >>". The alternative choices are to:
- "Move on without warning", which automatically clicks the "Next >>" button after the timer is finished but without any warning message.
- "Disable only", which disables changes in the question so the participant can't change anything, but doesn't automatically click the "Next >>" button.
This setting is only applicable if the general time limit setting is activated.
- Warn and move on (default): will warn the participant that the time has expired, and then click the next button
- Move on without warning: will immediately click the next button after the time limit has expired
- Disable only: will disable the answer after the time limit has expired but not automatically click next
Instead of relying on mandatory questions, you may use expressions (read more about question and [QS:Em_validation_sq
In the case in which you want to apply a timer to a question group, activate the group-by-group survey mode, set up a question to use timer functionality, and choose the warn and move on (default) option as time limit action. Once the question timer expires, the survey will move to the next page.