From LimeSurvey Manual
Revision as of 15:50, 11 February 2020 by C schmitz (Text replacement - "Expression Manager" to "ExpressionScript")
To see all the survey questions listed in one place, look for the List questions button, located under the Settings tab:
Once clicked, the following page will be displayed:
In the screenshot from above you may observe on the top-right side of the table a search box that allows you to look for a specific question. The group filter can be applied to it in case you use similar question names across multiple question groups.
The table columns are:
- Question ID: It displays a numeric value representing the ID of the question;
- Question order: It lists the order in which the questions are displayed to the respondents;
- (Question) Code: The question code is mainly used with expressions;
- Question: The question text is displayed under this column;
- Question type: It displays the question type. For further details on the available LimeSurvey question types, check the following link.
- Group: It shows the group a question belongs to. For more details on question groups, click here;
- Mandatory:: To find out more about what it means for a question to be mandatory, click here. Three options can be displayed in the table:
- Not specified: The question is not mandatory;
- Specified: The question has to be filled in by respondents;
- Not relevant: The attribute Mandatory cannot be edited (e.g., text display questions).
- Other: It refers to attribute Other. If enabled, another answer option will be displayed alongside the ones defined by you. Three options can be displayed in the table:
- Not specified: The question does not have the attribute Other enabled (no "other" answer option will be displayed alongside your defined answers);
- Specified: If specified, option Other is active. This means that an other answer option will be displayed alongside your defined question answers;
- Not relevant: Certain questions do not allow you to enable the Other option (such as text display or free text question types).
- Quick-action buttons: The last column contains four quick action buttons:
- Question preview: It allows you to quickly preview a question and check if everything looks fine;
- Edit question: To edit the question text or other question-related attributes, click on the green pencil;
- Question summary: It provides access to the most important details of the respective question such as the question text and the enabled attributes;
- Delete: The red trash button represents the delete button. Once clicked, you have to confirm the question deletion, as well as the deletion of its contents (answer options and subquestions).
On the bottom-left side of the table you may find the Selected question(s)... button. As the name suggests, it allows survey administrators to quickly perform certain group-actions. They are divided in general and advanced options:
- Delete: Click on it if you wish to delete at least two questions from your questions table;
- Set question group and position: Select multiple questions to quickly move them to another question group;
- Set "Mandatory" state: Select multiple questions and quickly edit their "Mandatory" state;
- Set CSS class: To quickly set up a CSS class for multiple questions, use this function.
- Set statistics option: Each question contains a set of attributes grouped under the Statistics tab. For more information, access the;
- Set Other state: To enable or disable attribute Other for multiple questions at once, use this button;
- Present subquestions/answer options in random order: If enabled, the subquestions and question answers will be displayed to each respondent in a random order. For more details on this attribute, continue reading here.