From LimeSurvey Manual
This page lists current Limesurvey releases, future development, and release goals. We will try to update this regularly with more details as they become available, but please help us (yes, we are talking about you!).
Any version older than LimeSurvey 3.0 - Status: Archived
- These versions will not receive new features or updates
Limesurvey 3.x - Status: Released (Feb 2018)
- Using Twig as template engine.
- Possible for templates (now called themes) to inherit options and files from each other.
- Question templates (still work-in-progress).
- New side-menu and enhanced admin interface.
Support time frame:
- Community Edition: Long Term Support (LTS) available at least until December 2021
- Cloud / SaaS / Professional: Long Term Support (LTS) available at least until December 2022
Limesurvey 5.0 - Release: April 2021
- Updated interface
- Possible to install plugins and question themes via ZIP-file
- Update checks for plugins available in LimeStore
- Encrypted fields
- New plugin events : ExpressionManagerStart and SetVariableExpressionEnd allowing to manage expression by plugin.
LimeSurvey 5.1 - Release August 2021
- Add RPC function to delete a response using its ID (#1928) (arnaudbore)
- Ability to export to SPSS .sav format (#1877) (Adam Zammit)
- Multiple UX fixes
LimeSurvey 5.2 - Release Oct 2021
Current release schedule
A bug fix release is released every Monday, for both master and LTS.
A new feature release is released every 8 weeks, approximately.
A new feature release will be a major release if it breaks backwards compatibility in some way.
Please also see the manual about the release process.