Accessing the source code
From LimeSurvey Manual
Revision as of 17:49, 27 February 2012 by Steve
Until recently we used Subversion as versioning control system but now have moved to Git.
Accessing the LimeSurvey Source Code
Always be aware that most of the LimeSurvey Source code is bleeding edge. Do not use it for production purposes (except fo the master branch!
As for many other free software projects only community support is available.
Access the LimeSurvey source code with a Subversion client for your operating system.
- For Windows we recommend: SmartGit because it is very easy to use.
- For Linux 1 Mac we recommend: Git. Commandline , or use git gui.
Step-by-Step How-To (Windows)
- Create a GitHub account.
- Download and install Git for Windows from . Make sure that during install when asked for adding the Git path to your system path that you choose the "Run Git from the Windows Command Prompt" option. For further help see Set Up Git
- Download and install SmartGit.
- Clone the LimeSurvey repository with SmartGit. You can find the right clone URL at https://github.com/LimeSurvey/LimeSurvey .
- The whole source code repository should be downloading now.
- By default you should see the 'master' branch in the current directory
- Use the Switch command from the SmartGit GUI to switch to the branch you need.
- That's it.
Please add instructions for other OSs or complete the existing ones.
These are the available GitHub branches right now:
- master - This is the always the current stable (plus) version including any fixes not yet released.
- Dev - this is currently the branch for the 1.92 version being in Release candidate period
- Yii - the branch for the Yii 2.0 version which is the bleeding edge currently
- original_art and original_art 2: These are the SVG files for almost all icons the stable and Yii version.
- other_scripts, server_scripts, translation status: These are scripts being used in limesurvey.org or for new releases. We will merge these to a single 'server-scripts' branch soon.
- Codeigniter - The old CodeIgniter branch - it is deprecated, do not use it, and will be removed soon
Please make sure you code accoding to our Coding guidelines.