From LimeSurvey Manual
Survey panel integration
Once accessed, an empty table will be displayed with the option that allows you to add an URL parameter.
Two fields will have to be filled out:
- Parameter: Type in this field the name of the new parameter. It will be included in the URL;
- Target question: Generally, the URL parameter is saved as a question. It will represent the place where the survey respondents will land on once they click on the link that also includes in its URL the parameter defined above.
How to use the panel integration function
A simple example is presented below in which we try to explain how to use the panel integration function.
1) First, create a short/long free text question and name it what ever you want (we will use "LS" for the Question code field). Then, enable the always hide this question option, located under the Display tab within the menu of the question.
2) Go to the panel integration tab, and click on the "Add URL parameter".
Select the short/long text question you created in the first step. The respondents that come from the respective professional panel provider will land on the target question. It can be hidden so that the respondents can directly start completing the survey.
The name you pick for the parameter will have to be included in the entry link that you will later supply to your panel provider. It will be named "LSid" in our example. Don't forget to click on the Save button located in the upper right part of the table!
3) Now, you have to set up the entry link that you will send to the your panel provider. To get your survey URL link, click on the Preview survey buttons.
Copy the URL you accessed from the address bar:
Add at the end the newly added parameter: &LSid="xxxxxx". The link should look like this:
What ever you replace the "xxxxxx" with will be grabbed and stored in the short/long free text question when your respondent lands on that page. For example, I sent to a user the following link:
The string after LSid was stored as an answer to the short/long text question.
The following examples were created in order to help you easily add:
- Redirects if the respondents have finished filling out the survey;
- Redirects if the respondents were screened out due to a quota;
- Redirects link if the quota limit was reached.
The URL you have to send back to the panel provider should look like this:
A screenout excludes the participants from continuing the survey because he or she is not a member of your survey target group. For screenouts, you have to set the quota limit field to "0" (zero) and allow the quota URL to be automatically loaded once it was triggered.
Then, add the following link into the quota URL field:
A quotafull excludes participants from continuing the survey, because a certain quota has been exceeded.