From LimeSurvey Manual
Since version 4 LimeSurvey has an inbuilt role system for global permissions.
A role is a template for a user permission, that is applied to the user instead of his own set permissions.
To see the role management check the configuration and click on Create/edit roles
You will see an overview of the currently available roles and a possibility to create or import a role.
There are five buttons in the actions column assigned to all roles.
- The view button, identifiable by the magnifying glass icon, will give you an overview over all the users that are currently members of this role.
- Edit permissions, identidfied by the lock icon, opens the permission table. All permissions selected here will be applied to any member of the role
- Edit role, identified by the edit icon, opens the edit mask again, where name and description can be amended to need.
- Export role, identified by the download icon, lets you export a permission as an XML-File, to be imported into another instance as needed.
- Delete role, identified with the red trashbin icon, deletes the role, but shows a confimration modal first.
Add a new role
To add a new role click on Add role in the top bar.
- Put in a name for the role.
- It should be as short as possible, as this is the identifier used when applying to users
- Put in a Description
- The description will be shown only on the overview page. Add a short description on what the role should be obliged to do.
ATTENTION! Both input fields are required and need to be filled!
- Last click on Save