From LimeSurvey Manual
- 1 General
- 2 Limesurvey v2.06 - Status: Archived
- 3 Limesurvey v2.06 LTS (Feb/March 2016) - Status: Archived
- 4 Limesurvey v2.50 (Feb 2016) - Status: Archived
- 5 Limesurvey 3.0.0 - Status: Released (Feb 2018)
- 6 LimeSurvey 3 LTS - Status: Release (Jan 2020)
- 7 Limesurvey 4.0.0 - Status: Release (Jan 2020)
- 8 Planned features
- 9 Current release schedule
This page lists current Limesurvey releases, future development, and release goals. We will try to update this regularly with more details as they become available, but please help us (yes, we are talking about you!).
Last update: 2016/09/21
Limesurvey v2.06 - Status: Archived
- LimeSurvey v2.06 will not receive new features or updates - instead see 2.06 LTS version
Limesurvey v2.06 LTS (Feb/March 2016) - Status: Archived
- A LTS (Long term support) version will be made available to users that bought a LimeSurvey Premium Package (= Comfort Update) - this LTS version includes mainly security fixes.
- This long term support version is scheduled to be maintained until at least 12/2016.
Limesurvey v2.50 (Feb 2016) - Status: Archived
- Completely new administration interface
- Fully responsive survey templates
Limesurvey 3.0.0 - Status: Released (Feb 2018)
- Using Twig as template engine.
- Possible for templates (now called themes) to inherit options and files from each other.
- Question templates (still work-in-progress).
- New side-menu and enhanced admin interface.
- LTS Status at least until December 2020
LimeSurvey 3 LTS - Status: Release (Jan 2020)
LimeSurvey 3 will be supported as LTS until the end of 2020.
Limesurvey 4.0.0 - Status: Release (Jan 2020)
- LimeStore beta
- Possible to install plugins via ZIP-file
- Update checks for plugins available in LimeStore
- New question editor using VueJS
- Convert LimeSurvey to Yii 2
- Refactor answer database to get rid of column limitations
- Further development of question themes
This list is incomplete. See bugs.limesurvey.org for more details.
Current release schedule
This release schedule is written 5. May 2020, for release 4.3.0.
A bug fix release is released every Monday, for both master and develop branch.
Please also see the manual about the release process.
|Announcement of release schedule||-||Tuesday 5. May 2020||-||This release schedule is written and announced|
|Merge window begins||develop||Tuesday 5. May 2020||-||We accept pull requests of new features into the develop branch.|
All new features must be have a discussing Mantis report and automatic acceptance tests.
|Merge window closes||develop||Monday 1. June 2020||-||Feature freeze, no more features are added to develop branch|
|Release of 4.3.0||master||Monday 15. June 2020||-||develop branch is merged into master and released as 4.3.0|
If release team deem the develop branch is not stable enough, more weeks will be added to the debug period
|New release schedule||-||Monday 15. June 2020||-||A new release schedule is written|