Label sets are basically list templates where each list has a set of codes with labels and can be used in most question types either as answers or as subquestions. Contrary to earlier versions of LimeSurvey label sets are merely copied to the particular question as subquestion or answers. So if you change a label set after you 'used' it the changes are not propagated to the questions where a label set has been used as a template.
This new usage of label sets gives much more flexibility for future development and makes the structure of a question more logical.
An example of label set is as follows. If one wants to define a custom 7-point scale, a label set provides this function. In this example, a very simple custom label set with the code/label pairs is shown. Note that the label is what appears in the actual questions.
|1||Not useful at all|
Another graphical example:
Graphic (3 different smileys) instead of label text:
...add a new label set
- Set Name: Each new label set has to be given a name.
- Languages: Every label set must be specified for the language it's used for. You can choose as many languages from the menu as you want.
...import a label set
- Create a new label set. In the screen where you can enter the label set details you will find a tab to import an existing label set. Choose a previous exported label set (either a .csv (outdated format) or .lsl file) and click on the "Import label set"-button to import. Alternative: Import a whole survey - in this case the label sets are imported with the questions. Duplicate label sets are ignored.
...edit, delete, or export a label set
Choose an already existing label Set in the drop-down-Box in the label set administration bar to edit, delete or export a label set.
- Edit label set: Here it´s possible to rename the label set and add/remove languages for this label set.
- Delete label set: After a pop-up, you can delete the selected label set.
- Export label set: Export current label set to a .lsl-File.
- Labels bar:
+To add a new label you have to fill in a label code, assessment value and label-text and press on the "Add new label"-Button. After this the label should be listed above. It's possible to use a graphic instead of or additionally to a label text. Just use HTML-code to include the graphic you want, e.g.:
If your label set has more than one language, you can choose which language you want to edit. Every label needs a code, an assessment value and a title. The code can only be changed in the base language of the label set. The assessment value can be ignored (set it to 0) if you do not use assessments. The title is the text, which is displayed in the question.
- Del-button: You can delete labels with the "Del"-button.
- Up/down-buttons: It's possible to change the row of labels by the "Up" and "Dn"-buttons.
- Fix sort: You can check the consistency and do a sort of the labels by pressing the "Fix Sort"-Button.
Uploaded resources management
This tab lets you manage files (pictures, media files) that were uploaded in the HTML Editor.
- Browse available files
- Export files as a ZIP archive
- Import a ZIP archive of files
- Authorized file extensions are defined in config-defaults.php by your system administrator.
- Files for the survey are in the upload/labels/<lid> sub directory.
- Uploaded files will only be seen while browsing resources on this survey objects (labels) not in other labels or objects (groups, questions, answers).
- However do not expect this limited visibility to ensure confidentiality of the resources as they are reachable with a simple browser to anyone who knows the URL to the file.
- Creation of sub directories of the ZIP archive won't work.
- You can't import a ZIP file containing sub directories.