Installation using a command line interface (CLI)
From LimeSurvey Manual
When doing automated installs like in a Virtual Machine setup, we can use use LimeSurvey's (v2.x referred to here) CLI (Command Line interface) to good effect. The files used for this purpose (and for resetting passwords as well) are in the WEBROOT/application/commands folder, the one of interest here being console.php.
- PHP CLI should be available
- WEBROOT/application/config/config.php should be available and populated with the automated install's parameters.
- Folder permissions PHP Modules availability should match LimeSurvey needs
- Empty MySQL database should be created and the database use user should be properly privileged for it.
For illustration purposes here we assume the WEBROOT to be /var/www/limesurvey
cd /var/www/limesurvey/application/commands php console.php
This will show:
Yii command runner (based on Yii v1.1.14) Usage: console.php <command-name> [parameters...] The following commands are available: - install - message - migrate - plugin - resetpassword - shell - webapp To see individual command help, use the following: console.php help <command-name>
php console.php <Admin User Name> <Admin User Password> <Full Name> <EMail ID>
- The Full Name and password are enclosed in double quotes if they contain spaces or other special characters.
- All other parameters like DB Name, DB Type, DB User, DB Password, etc are to be populated in the config.php file before script execution.
- The script should be executed from and in the WEBROOT/application/commands folder only.
cd /var/www/limesurvey/application/commands php console.php install limeadmin pwd123 Admin email@example.com
outputs the following text:
and the database should be properly installed.