Installation of the LimeSurvey XAMPP package
From LimeSurvey Manual
These instruction will show you how to install and run the LimeSurvey XAMPP package on your local Windows PC. Please note that the XAMPP package should not be used for a production server as it is optimized for a single-user environment.
Your Windows system has to meet the following requirement
- 64 MB RAM
- 350 MB free fixed disk
- Windows NT, 2000, 2003, XP, VISTA, Windows 7, Windows 8 or Windows 10.
- First download the latest LimeSurvey XAMPP package file from the LimeSurvey download repository. If you are not sure which one to pick, it is the executable file having the word 'xampp' in the file name.
- Execute the file. Just follow the installation steps - usually you don't need to change anything.
- After the setup has finished, a browser window should open pointing to http://localhost/admin.
- Login using the username 'admin' and password 'password'. Start creating your surveys.
- LimeSurvey needs a running web server software (Apache) and a database (MySQL), which are both installed by the XAMPP package. Both applications are started automatically by the setup. After you restart your PC you will need to start these again by using the XAMPP Control panel. If you want these to start automatically on startup, you can use the XAMPP control panel to install the applications as services - just check the related boxes in the XAMPP control panel.
- The XAMPP packages is only meant to be able to install LimeSurvey on your local PC in an easy way. It won't/shouldn't be possible for anyone on the Internet to access your surveys.
- The XAMPP package is meant as a single user solution and should not be installed on a real web server.