From LimeSurvey Manual
This page should explain the directory hierarchy for the Yii branch.
- application -- Contains the Yii limesurvey application, back-end stuff should mostly be in here.
- config -- Contains the configuration for the framework and LimeSurvey.
- controllers -- Contains the controllers from the MVC paradigm.
- third_party -- Contains third party libraries that are used by the backend and do not have to be available directly from a browser.
- framework -- The Yii framework. This directory should not be changed unless you are updating Yii.
- installer -- Contains files for initial installation and upgrading.
- plugins -- Shipped and custom plugins
- styles-public -- Contains css files (difference with normal styles dir?)
- styles -- Contains css files
- third-party -- This contains (scripting) libraries that must be available directly via the browser. For example jquery. Only place original libraries here, put configuration in the scripts dir. Create a subdirectory for each library, but don't include the version number in the directory; this allows for easy upgrading.