There are two ways for closing a survey: Expiry or deactivation.
It is strongly recommended to use the expiry option to close a survey. - See below why.
→ Edit the survey details and set an "Expiry Date".
- No results lost
- No respondent information lost
- Change of questions, groups and parameters is limited
- An expired survey is not accessible to participant (they only see a message that the survey has expired)
- It's possible to perform statistics on responses inside LimeSurvey
→ Click on "Stop this survey" in the administration panel.
- All results lost (at least you can not access them via LimeSurvey)
- All respondent information lost
- An expired survey is not accessible to a respondent (only a message appears that you are not permitted to see this survey)
- All questions, groups and parameters are editable again
Help! I accidentally deactivated my survey - what now?
If you closed your survey accidentally it is important that you don't change anything in the survey.
Then, and only then the following steps will work.
- Activate your survey again
- Go to the "Browse responses for this survey" menu.
- Click at the "Import answers from a deactivated survey table" button.
- Choose your source table.
- Click at the "Import responses" button.