Adding answers or subquestions
From LimeSurvey Manual
Various question types require you to add a list of answer options and/or subquestions.
When adding an answer you will be asked for an "Answer Code", an "Answer" and whether that answer is the "Default".
- Code: This is the data that will usually be exported to your spreadsheet when compiling results. You may choose whatever code you want (5 character maximum). The code can only contain standard alpha-numeric characters and has to be unique among the answer options for this question.
- Assessment value: This field will only show if the assessments mode is activated in the survey settings (v1.81 and later). It can be set to a positive or negative integer value. For more information please check out the Assessments page.
- Text: The answer/subquestion that will be displayed.
- You can adjust the layout as well as include pictures or other media elements in your individual answers. This is possible by clicking on the pencil icon at the end of the answer text-box and using the WYSIWYG editor to create edit or design your answer layout as well as upload images and media.
- There is a special feature to create an answer that is showing up left and right of an array row (this works only with the question type Array ). This can be done by using a pipe char '|' to part the answer. For example: If you want to have 'Good' and 'Evil' on the left and right of the row just write 'Good|Evil' into this field. This is essentially useful if you want to create a Semantic Differential Question.
- Sort order: This determines the sort-order of the answers. You can use the "Up" and "Dn" buttons next to each answer to change the position of that answer in the list.
You can import/export labelsets, too. If you have a list of e.g. countries and you want to use them as answers in a dropdown list you can use export/import to get the existing data into limesurvey.